Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Depraved Symbol of Establishment Bloat



Acrylic and collage on panel, 5.5" x 11".

I'm a recycler. I cull from everywhere.

In my collage process, I juxtapose raw images together along structural grids. I choose the images when they make me feel something, even though I may not know why. I then paint into the assemblage to transition the images together. While painting, I am reminded of incidents and feelings buried in my subconscious. I then figure out what I am saying, and eliminate elements that do not play into the story.

I had a big ol' car like this once. I used it as a symbol to show about myself until I realized that I did not like what it was saying, and I sold it for twice what I bought it for, after putting 35,000 miles on it.

This is a tiny component of a larger image I am building. I now realize that this symbol is wrong for the rest of that image, so as I write this, this image is being submerged beneath a layer of opaque white.

Eventually we all will be recycled. The universe is a wheel-gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment